Our college library has all departmental Text Books, Reference Books, Study Materials, Scientific Journals, Periodicals, Magazines & Newspaper.
- Library works from 8.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. except on Sundays and General holidays.
- All the staff and students of that academic year are eligible for the library membership. They should collect their identity cards and library cards and produce them whenever required. Note: Visitors / old students are allowed to use the library on request.
- Strict silence and discipline in / around the library should be maintained, failing which strict action will be taken and will not be allowed to use the library facilities.
- Students are eligible for 2, 3 and 5 borrower tickets each respectively. Books are issued against these cards only and only one book will be issued to a ticket.
- The books issued may be recalled back by the Librarian, if necessary at any time.
- The books are issued for a period of 7 days after which a fine of 50 paisa per book per day will be collected. If not returned even after a week, a fine of Rs.01 per book per day will be collected.
- In case of loss of books/missing pages/damage of books, double/triple/multiple amount of the current rate of the book will be collected from the concerned student/staff.
- In case of loss of identity card, a fine of Rs.25 has to be paid for issuing a duplicate card. For loss of borrower tickets, a fine of Rs.5 for a ticket is collected to issue a duplicate ticket.
- Same book or same title will not be renewed in succession. Journals, old question papers etc. has to be referred within the library only.
- Lending of books from the lending section will be stopped one week before the final exams.
- Every member should return all the books borrowed during that year and collect a “No Dues” certificate from the library at the end of every academic year.
- The right book for the right person at the right time is the motto of the library. In order to satisfy the user’s needs the library provides the following services
- Reference service: The section is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. except on Sundays. It has a copy of all the materials procured by the library and it is for use within the library only.
- Borrowing service: This section has a collection of all the textbooks and other important reference materials. They are issued out of the library for a period of one week. The section works from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Overnight borrowing: The collection of the reference section is for use within the library only. But they are issued out everyday one hour before closing i.e. at 7 p.m. They should be returned the immediate next day before 9 a.m. If not, a fine of Rs 5 per book per hour will be collected. If not returned even after 3 hours of delay, he/she will not be allowed to use the service in future. The titles available in the lending section will not be issued under this service.
- Book bank scheme: Certain very useful books are issued for the whole academic year. They should be returned on or before the last final theory exam. The details will be announced separately at the time of issue every year.
- Reprographic service: Photocopying services (Xerox) are provided on payment of Rs 2 per page.
- Double deposit scheme: At the end of the academic year when the borrowing services are stopped the students can borrow the books under this scheme. They should deposit double the current rate of the required book. The amount is completely refundable if the borrowed material is returned in good condition and in time.
- Audio/video services: This section has a collection of educational audios and videos for use within the section only.
- Interlibrary service: Access to the sources of other local libraries is provided staff & P.G. Students. The request should be given through the librarian.
For any other information, the Librarian may be contacted any time between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.